Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Frog Said, "Kwak! Kwak! Kwak!"


Hello Everyone,

It is Wednesday and my school vacation is half over-Boo! Hoo!  I like school.  I really do, but there is just something so amazing about staying up late, sleeping in and having no homework and no schedule.  I love it!  Krumbs and I are enjoying just lounging around the house this week.

Yesterday we were out in the yard with some friends and we heard “ribbit…grrrribit….grrrribbbittt!”  We snuck back into the woods and followed the sound to a small, shallow pond.  Guess what we found?  Frogs!  It was awesome.  So, you know we had to try catching the frogs.  It was a really good thing that the weather was warm because we got dirty and wet.  The bonus was that we managed to catch three frogs and, of course, we set them free right away.

Did you know that in the United States we hear frogs saying “Ribbit! Ribbit, RIbbit” but in the Netherlands frogs say Kwak! Kwak! Kwak!”? Krumbs and I read a great article called “AnimalSounds” at the Café. I can't believe how different people around the world hear different animal sounds--how bizarre. Here are some of the animal sounds we discovered:



Check it out and check back soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment