Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Dog Allergies and Accidental Discoveries


Hello Everyone,

Are you sneezing and sniffling?  Is your nose tingling?  I know when it’s springtime because springtime allergies make all those things happen to me.  Krumbs is a lucky dog.  He doesn’t have any allergies at all!  That made me wonder...can a dog suffer from allergies?

I couldn’t get the thought out of my head.  I really had to know whether a dog can have allergies. Krumbs and I visited the ASPCA website (the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) to find some answers.   Guess what?  Some dogs can suffer from allergies!  Krumbs really is lucky that he doesn’t have itchy skin, watery eyes and a sneeze-y, tickly nose!  The idea that dogs can have allergies is my new discovery for the week.

My discovery was definitely made on purpose.  I was looking for the answer to a question.  But do you know how many discoveries happen by accident?  I bet you didn’t know that some of your favorite foods and toys were discovered by accident!  Krumbs and I were reading about those kinds of discoveries in the CaféPopsicles, ice cream cones and even Frisbees were discovered by accident.  Check it out in Michele Barone’s Café article, “From Idea to Invention”.

That’s all for now!  Have a great weekend and check back soon. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment