Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We're Thinking in Threes!

Good Morning Everyone!

Krumbs and I made the coolest discovery in the Café yesterday and it has us thinking in threes!  Our find is an article on triathlons and let me tell you, our interest is PIQUED!  Maybe I should explain myself.

Remember how Krumbs and I decided to be healthy and stay healthy?  Well, the whole idea is going well.  We tried some new fruits and I have to say they probably won't be our favorites, but we found we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE star fruit and kiwi.  We also walked a mile yesterday because I didn’t have softball practice.  What, I’m sure you’re wondering, does any of this have to do with thinking in threes?

Well, Krumbs and I were checking out the Café, looking for something new in the sports section of the “Weekly Special” when we found an article by Rochelle Groskreutz called “Just Tri It”.  I have to tell you, just the title was intriguing.  (That might be why my writing teaching always says to make sure you have an awesome title—the title totally drew us in!)

The article is all about triathlons and tri-athletes.  Do you know if you compete (yep, triathlons are definitely competitions!) in a triathlon, you actually compete in three different sports, one right after the other?!??!  Seriously, triathlons include swimming the length of a pool 4 times, riding 3.1 miles on a bike and then running 2/3 of a mile!  I can’t even imagine it…but I’d like to try!

Krumbs and I are going to start running 2/3 of a mile and then we’ll see if we can add bike riding.  Later on, when it’s warmer out, we’ll try swimming.  Maybe by the end of the summer we can put it all together and do our own little “at home” triathlon!

What do you think?  Could you do a triathlon?  Check out Rochelle Groskruetz’s article and find out for yourself.

Check back with us soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment