Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

A PEANUT BUTTER SURPRISE FOR YOU

HolaHoy es Lunes!  (Hello, today is Monday)

Well, I've spent the weekend doing Spanish homework.  I can't believe how many sites there are to translate words from English to Spanish...I thought I was getting pretty good at speaking Spanish!  You know what, though?  I was at the mall on Saturday (without Krumbs--they won't let him in because he's a dog!?!?!) and I overheard two kids talking...in SPANISH.  I was so excited...but only for about a minute because I found out I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD THEY WERE SAYING!  They were talking so fast and using so many words that I was lost faster than you can say, "Hoy es Lunes!" Oh well, I guess I have a long way to go, but at least I'm working at it.


Krumbs and I had some time to have fun this weekend.  We went to the park (because it was a balmy 70 degrees Fahrenheit on Saturday).  We played touch football, chased chipmunks and rolled down a grassy hill.  It was awesome and when we came home, we invented a fantastic new snack called "Peanut Butter Surprise"! 

Picture this....creamy peanut butter, sliced bananas, cinnamon, and brown sugar rolled up in a soft tortilla and then heated in the microwave--yummy goodness!  You can check out our recipe and the directions below but make sure to get an adult's permission and help before you use the microwave:

Peanut Butter Surprise: A Krumbs and Cookie Recipe



We love PEANUT BUTTER!!!  Did you know by the time most kids graduate from High School, they've eaten  more than 1500 peanut butter sandwiches?  Krumbs and I learned all kinds of Preposterous Peanut Butter Facts like that one by reading "Nuts for Peanut Butter: The Best Spread on Bread" at the Imagination-Cafe.  The article tells all about the history of peanuts and peanut butter...did you know peanuts were once a food fed only to pigs?!?!?  It's true...check it out at the Cafe!  Do you like peanut butter as much as we do?

Check back with us soon...and try our recipe for Peanut Butter Surprise--we think it ROCKS!





0 comments:

Post a Comment