Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

THOSE FIRST FEW DAYS

Well, Krumbs and I have survived the first two days.  In our school district that means we only (!?!) have 180 more days until we reach the end of another school year.  I guess the most important question to answer right now is...

How were the first two days?
 
Well, because I like to make things simple right from the start, I'll define my first two days of school in two words:  PRETTY COOL. I have pretty cool teachers~I only switch for two subjects this year so I only had to worry about having two pretty cool teachers.  My main teacher is so good.  I kind of panicked because she sent home a supply list that said we could only have plain, white folders and plain, light colored notebooks~no designs at all.  REALLY?!?!  It was a crime against creativity, I tell you...except that my teacher had a super surprise waiting.  Our activity on the first day was to use her HUGE selection of markers (fat, thin, highlighter, neon, classic, wavy, straight and stamp markers) to design our own folders and notebooks and then choose the one that best described us to share with the class.  If I know one thing it is that
there won't be any crimes against creativity in that class-WOO HOO!!!!!!!
 
I haven't had a lot of homework either, but I'm sure I will soon. I love, love, love reading, so I don't care that we have to read every night.  I'd do that anyway!  We've had some math sheets that are a review of last year...I can handle that too.  As a matter of fact, thanks to Krumbs, I am ready to face homework for the whole year.  Krumbs set me up with Susan Sundwall's article on the Cafe called "Homework Haven".  As soon as I started to read it, I remembered reading it last year.  We set to work gathering our stuff and creating the perfect homework haven...and it really works...Homework?  Bring it on, because this girl is READY!!!

How is your first week going?  Are you having a good year?  Tell us about it at Klub Krumbs and check back soon for an update of the FIRST, FEW DAYS!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment