Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I LEARNED SOMETHING THAT'S GOING TO BLOW YOU AWAY!!

Hola!

You're going to be blown away by the topic we're studying in my language arts class.  We're studying idioms as a way to "spice up" our writing and our speech.  Have you ever heard of idioms? 

An idiom is a group of words that say one thing, but mean something else.  I used an idiom when I wrote that you would be blown away by idioms.  If you're "blown away" by something, it means that something shocked you so much you almost couldn't believe it.  I was blown away by how much fun I can have with idioms!

Krumbs and I were talking about idioms and how much I love them.  He didn't want to kick up a stink (cause trouble) but he found a whole article of idioms on the Cafe website!  These idioms were special though because they all related to insects.  The article, by Kathleen Bookbinder is called "Insect Idioms" and it is just "the bee's knees".  (If something is "the bee's knees", it is really special and different.)  Krumbs thought he should be "the apple of my eye" for finding this article and he is one of the most important friends I have, so I guess he is the "apple of my eye".

The "dog days of summer"are gone (the hottest days of summer) and I am having a great school year so far.  I'm learning cool things every day and even getting up in the morning isn't as bad as I thought.  I think my favorite things about school are language arts and Spanish. What about you? Do you have a favorite class or subject this year?  Have you learned something new that just "blows you away"?

Que tengas un dia magnifico!!  (Have a great day!!!) Check back with us soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment