Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

UMMM…SUMMER PACKETS? REALLY!?!?!?!


It’s Friday and so hard to believe we’ve been living the “Late Life” for a couple of weeks now.  Mom decided the “Late Life” needed some “Real Life” so she made us start our school SUMMER PACKETS    yesterday-REALLY!?!?!  I can’t believe we’re doing schoolwork during the summer.  Do you have summer packets?  We have math packets which aren’t really hard, but they take time to do and that makes me crazy when outside adventure is calling me.  We also have reading packets, but I enjoy that part of it!


I guess it is a small price to pay for all the cool things we’ve done so far this summer.   Mom has really let us embrace the “Late Life” this summer…and she’s given us lots of chances to explore so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much.   Have you visited the Café?    We were there looking for book recommendations and we found some pretty interesting stuff.  Krumbs and I have always loved Roald Dahl.  As a matter of fact, we just finished reading his book, Matilda and we loved, loved, loved it.  We found out that Rose loves Roald Dahl too!    She wrote a “Book-tastic” review of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.  I love that Roald Dahl’s characters say and do things that most real people could and would NEVER do (and maybe even do things real people would never WANT to do), but it always works out in the end.  His books give kids POWER -cool!  Want to find out more?  Check out the “Book-tastic” section of the Café by clicking here.


Okay…I’m going to go work on my hideously horrible summer packet now.  Check back on Monday to find out about our newest adventure…I think it’ll be a good one!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment