Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

There's an Alien Baby Next Door!

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  I played (and Krumbs watched) two softball games this weekend.  We won one and tied one—not so bad, right?  I smashed one to left and it bounced off the fence (so COOL!).  I love when I do that!  Krumbs was jumping around in circles, he was so excited.  Krumbs thinks we would have won that last game if the umpires didn’t call it because there wasn’t enough light to keep playing.  I think he might be right.

We also went to see our neighbor’s new baby.  The baby was born a week ago and she is so tiny. They asked if I wanted to hold her, but I said no. My parents kept saying the baby looked just like her mom, but Krumbs and I think all newborn babies look like little aliens.  Seriously, they’re all red and scrunched up and they’re tiny but their eyes look so big and old and wise.  Anyway, Mom said it was very smart not to share my alien theory with our neighbors.  She didn’t think any parent would want to hear that their child looks like an alien.  (I’m glad I didn’t share my thoughts that time, but you can see the alien-I mean, baby, in the picture I drew.  You can decide for yourself!)



Well, thinking about the alien baby brought us to the Café to find out what makes us look the way we do.  (And, according to my mom, to find out what makes us think the crazy things we think…she still isn’t over the alien baby comments!)  Krumbs and I found a great article about DNA that explains how and why we are the way we are.  The article is called “Hurray for DNA” and it’s by Karen McKenany-Phillips.  We learned that DNA is like a secret code that controls how you look and act.  It was very interesting, indeed. 

I shared the article with mom and explained that she could now blame my alien thoughts on DNA!

Have a great day and check back soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment